Friday, January 2, 2009

Technology Rules My World

I used to feel pretty in control of my world, but now I can honestly say that I am controlled by my world. In order for my world to run successfully I MUST have my computer, my Blackberry, and my internet. I know, I know. I am not suppose to be controlled by these things, but what am I to do? I love the amount of work that can be done using these man-made (demonic) devices. We are driven mad by them and yet we are addicted to them on every level! Even the godliest of us is connected to this "world" by blogs, posts, Facebook, MySpace, YouTube, television, cell phone, and the like. My "world" is being turned upside down right now, because I needed a new computer, and new means things must change, and I do not like change. Change means a learning curve. Change means less productivity. Change means different. Yes, my new computer is suppose to do it all! It has a huge gig, fast processing, dvd/cd burning, webcamming, video gaming (yippee) and all the features that the newest and the best computers have to offer. BUT I just want my new computer to do everything that my old computer did, only fast, better, more efficient, and with all the new features that new computers and programs are suppose to have! BUT that is not happening. It is not a seamless transition where you take one computer in, and bring the new computer home and go back to work! NO. The Vista doesn't speak to the Blackberry so we need to buy something else to get them to communicate. The new operating system won't run my old programs, so I had to buy the new one, but that was the Student version of MS Office (which thank God we didn't open and had to exchange for the Standard version! I have my contacts on the old computer so I can't get to them on my new computer until my Vista decides to speak to my Blackberry, and on and on it goes. We've been on the phone with our cell phone provider, internet provider, Geek Squad, and friends. We have been configuring and reconfiguring, and searching for Login IDs and passwords until I feel like a CIA operative! I am in the wrong field! I need to go back to school and get a degree in technology! Stephanie the Geek! Bill Gates and his crew at MS have those of us stuck in the PC world by the throat! Our world cannot survive without his world, and his world doesn't come cheap. Well, you won't hear or see much of me in the next few days, weeks. . . or God-forbid . . . months, because I will be crying in my tech soup.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home