Saturday, March 29, 2008

TO: Little Word, Lots of Life Lived There!

Such a little word and yet so much of our existence is lived there! The word "to" has great significance for most of us, but we don't often think about it. I am teaching a whole weekend on the topic, so I guess I have found some things to say about it. April 18-19 we will look at the word in great detail. Today, I am thinking about it. My morning was a mess of unexpected demands, and I already had enough expected demands that were tough enough to address. Then arose the truly important issues that needed my attention, so I gave them my best shot all the while feeling my anxiety level rise. I answered everything to the best of my ability, successfully moving my piles from one location TO another, knowing that nothing was truly being completed. From morning TO afternoon, I had worked my tail off, but it just didn't seem good enough. Afternoon turned into evening, and here I am wondering why I do what I do, and why my work never feels done. I know you are saying, "So, join the crowd." That's my point exactly. From Start of a race TO the finish, there is a lot of running that takes place. The beginning of the race you are dressed the part, you are in position, then off you go! The beginning is exciting and fun and full of expectation. The end is great too! You can see the finish line. People are cheering. You are a winner, even if you finish last, hey, you finish. So both starting and finishing are fun and wonderful, BUT THE HARD PART IS EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN! That is what I am going to talk about during our Friday night and Saturday in April. I was just thinking about it, so I thought I'd let you all in on it, since you may not be in Atlanta and cannot come to the conference. See you next time I'm in the mood to write!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home